YouTube Emulation Extravaganza

Chopaholic

I must admit, I learnt a few bits from that last video, I had no idea that Apache wasn't just a reskin of Big Chief, until l watched the video. Certainly does improve on the Big Chief gameplay.

Pretty sure I played an Apache in real life. Did it come in exactly the same cabinet, colour and everything else?

Never noticed the hi-lo reel cut out and feature exchange points on the Big Chief cabinet before. I wonder if Big Chief was rushed out as a bit of a tester and the gameplay already thought up, saved for a secondary machine, namely Apache, providing Big Chief was a hit.

Looking at the even better use of the DMD in Apache, they were really impressive for the time and if in a machine in colour nowadays, still would be.

I thought the Ace DMDs were good (which they were), but seeing these Barcrest one again after all these years, they aren't quite as impressive.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I can only really follow what I'm into at any given time!

I do have a few FME videos 'ready to go' in my mind as it were, it's just a case of spending the time to get them recorded and then edited together :) 

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

3 hours ago, vectra666 said:

Great vid as usual, regarding blue chip maybe you can show us the difference between the £4.80 standard rom and the £5" Isle of man\ Ireland rom.

Not sure if I released that £5 on here but is available over at fruit-emu.

Full of shit. You didn't praise my vid😂😋

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't ACE bring out a version of 'Play It Again' on System1? I seem to recall a 10p £4 Jackpot variant that even still had the REEL/BAND AID match on it. Shame Blue Chip didn't have the same REEL AID feature.

You're right about Blue Chip though. They were everywhere. They were like the Campri ski jacket of the fruit machine world. You saw them everywhere. Infact, I was probably wearing my Campri ski jacket, in Hull city centre, middle of athe red hot summer playing Blue Chip down the old SUNSPOT arcade...

• Like 1