YouTube Emulation Extravaganza

Chopaholic

@richy...    all depends whether it’s a touch screen ;)

A full touchscreen would be great, you need to think it through as just s screen vertical is fine but with nothing to lean on it would get a little uncomfortable long term.  I’ve always dreamt of a wall mounted touch screen with maybe a little ledge to rest the arms/hands.   

J

Remember how hateful it was to put a load of real money into a fruit machine and be rewarded (occasionally) with a massive pile of stupid tokens if you ever actually managed to win something?

Well the Isle of Man said SCREW YOU BENNY, and mandated that all prizes would be all cash, all the time.

Here is my story of that realisation.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

Great 2 videos as playing catch up, so got a double delight this week.

As regards tokens playouts i always though that token machines payed more often over here in the uk and when they went to cash jackpots pay shit TBH. also it seem that we over in the uk had a double whammy with tokens cause something i asked Edwardb over at fruit emu who seems to be some fruit tec from the days of these things, token payout percentages 

Quote.

evo1: "On an offtopic question when you played with tokens did the machine play on a different cycle/% cause again never really got any return on token play"

Yes, token payouts were typically in the 50% to 60% region.

So possibly a sheath tax for yet again us over here.

Fruit Machines Inside Out: Compensation

https://www.fruit-emu.com/forums/topic/53948-fruit-machines-inside-out-compensation/

All sorts of questions asked here and answered.

Again great Friday night feature, thanks look forward to some more.

• Like 1

I really didn't mind tokens, in Blackpool tokens were tied to the brewery, so if you won in say a Scottish & Newcastle pub, all tokens would work in their pubs, that is Blackpool used to have loads of pubs. Also during the £4.80 days, pubs used to have 7 heaven/ Cloud 999/ Blue Moons and when they streaked you could usually recycle  and and get money back plus more tokens, again this was in Blackpool where in the season, machines were very well played, so my memories of tokens and lower jackpots were good, and was the only time I used to make some money. BUT I like yourself and many more lost thousands in the long run.

• Like 1

Managed to grab a bit of time to get this done :)

EDIT - Chris, you may want to look away for this one, the reel offsets are all wrong and everything...... 😳

Edited by Chopaholic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

Ahhh yes I see there's a Tommy £6 DX of Popeye from a few years ago, that had passed under my radar, cheers for the heads up!

I didn't know there was a layout at all for Treasure Hunt though, where did you get that from? I can't see it on Fruit-Emu.

(You can just zip things up and attach them to your post here :) )

EDIT - I see there's a 'beta' layout of it at Fruit-Emu from ages ago, it appears I missed that one!

Edited by Chopaholic

8 hours ago, Chopaholic said:

EDIT - Chris, you may want to look away for this one, the reel offsets are all wrong and everything...... 😳

Yes mate, as soon as I saw that I quit the video, sorry. There is no excuse for not fixing them, and it would have shown others what is needed.

Edited by Wizard

2 hours ago, Wizard said:

Yes mate, as soon as I saw that I quit the video, sorry. There is no excuse for not fixing them, and it would have shown others what is needed.

Sorry Chris I was against the clock somewhat, didn't think I'd be doing a video at all but found myself with a bit of spare time so decided to grab the opportunity. In fairness I don't actually know what to do in order to fix the layouts, so I'd be experimenting with reel offset values and suchlike, all the while with my limited time window to get the recording done trickling away.

If I'd have known I was doing the video ahead of time I'd have made an effort to get the layouts sorted beforehand, but as it was I basically just had to do with what I had. (I didn't realise they'd look like that in 5.1 TBH.)

I do specifically offer an apology to you in the video for playing layouts in that state :)

In case it is of use to anyone, layouts for Fairground, Hagar, Popeye and Popeyes treasure hunt.

£6, 20p (as mentioned above 1 is mute) - converted to version 6.1 with reels straitened. (Obviously could not test for faults).

Not to sure where these came from, sorting old dvd's and came upon them.

Now just got to check the 1,820 other folders for good machines !!!!!

jpm_sys_5.zip

• Like 2