YouTube Emulation Extravaganza

Chopaholic

Another great video.

Definitely could sense the frustration on the jackpot not repeating, but then you kept on taking other repeating wins, rather than an all out force (although I would still have expected one repeat at least in all that time).

Echo what Evo says, great to see such a team effort to get a machine emulated. When you think about it, normally at least 3 people involved. Wizard in every release for the emulator, the rom/s provider and the layout producer. In addition quite often it involves a few people to get the roms and resources together, including many a purchase made.

I too am not a massive MPU Mecca reader, but do appreciate that so many of 1980's and early 90's releases are sourced and provided by forum members and quite a few of them, don't really have an interest in FME, so could just not bother taking apart and photographing machines.

So it's a big thanks to everyone involved in this and all the other releases we have had, as I know some people have been quietly gathering resources for years in the background and don't get the appreciation they deserved.

• Like 3

Great video, loved this game, they used to be in a few pubs in Blackpool, used to be great for beer tokens haha.  I also seem to remember a very similar game, same cab with a cashpot, but instead of repeats, used to hold for fun, especially mixed 7s, where after a nudge, instead of holding, let em spin and jackpot would roll in., and usually hold. 

• Like 1

Another great video, I also absolutely enjoyed every minute of it, I know that feeling of 'I really need to be doing 'xyz' but I'm just going to do this first and then I'll get on with it. I lose ages that way, especially if I disappear down the YouTube rabbit hole and then suddenly up and check the clock and see that 3 hours has past.

I think I would have been chucking the keyboard at the wall after two hours though. 

Great vid well done choppers.

• Like 1

32 inch, 3840x2160.

TBH I can't see me bothering rotating it in future, it's completely unusable for anything else in that orientation, and even in landscape mode the sheer size of it means it gives a very good FME experience.

Was nice as a one-off though :D

• Like 1

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

CONTENT WARNING - Features a small amount of singing.

Rounding off the current M1a/b series of videos, here I take a good look at the original 'Green' Monopoly, a Maygay/BWB partnership Simpsons machine, and the more obscure (but awesome) That's Life.

They're £6 jackpot-tastic! (Apart from The Simpsons, which has a £3 jackpot. D'oh!)

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

Ahh....  nice....  my Friday morning video fix :)

Thanks Al, always great to see a new video released :).     You definitely had the green Monopoly on a streak fella.    Loved these Maygay streaks, full on enriched period, very satisfying when it happened.    I hit a streak on the BWB/M1a 10p play £6 token (synth version).  Even these would pay the full £30 streak.   I quite liked those 10p versions.    

MAYGAY/BWB SIMPSONS was a decent machine, you would always take Itchy and Scratchy to see how ready it was, if it was slow there was some profit in it for sure.   Also if you got killed on the board without getting anywhere you could just plug it and it would drop the feature back in within a few spins... saves waiting another £3 for a feature :) .  These also streaked.... Ahh, the classic Maygay streaks.   

That's Life could be emptied same as the old Monopoly etc, just plug when you hit the jackpot on the feature board.  Later roms may have been chipped.  Not a machine I played a lot to be honest.

Thank You :)

J

Edited by A:E
  • Like 2

Another enjoyable video.

I remember some highs and lows with Green Monopoly, definitely remember it on £4.80 jackpot. Turned up en mass, in my Central London arcade haunts.

To me, the £6 age was when, fruit machine manufacturers upped their game, cabinet wise. I used to walk in the arcade and sad at it sounds, was actually excited, to see a nice row of shiny new cabinets, quite often 3 or 4 of the same machine, that were radiating you towards them and saying, play me, play me, play me.

That's my favourite Simpsons machine, although I've only played it on 10p £3, but could still be very generous. I bet they pay a pittance for any license back in the day, if indeed they paid at all. I mean who in the USA would be bothered about a silly little UK fruit machine manufacturer.

I don't think I have ever played That's Life. Seeing that picture from Pook above, I think it's safe to say, that you won't mind being upstaged on this part of the thread.

Edited by wearecity
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, wearecity said:

I don't think I have ever played That's Life. Seeing that picture from Pook above, I think it's safe to say, that you won't mind being upstaged on this part of the thread.

Fair point, was never my intention, just got excited for something I'd completely forgotten about, sorry Choppers.

DX Banner.png

Another great video, I vividly remember getting a green monopoly in our local pub to streak for 30 odd quid profit back in the day,  paid for my whole weekend, including a Chinese on the way home. 

I especially love the 'Naughty Daddy' from Degsy Junior at about 56:30.

Don't think I've ever seem that Simpson's or That's life before,  will be looking them up for a blast. 

Thanks again. 

• Like 1

I think Bar-Gain was the first to have sampled sound on Maygay machines, but I'm not 100% on that.  Maybe Retrofruit would know exactly as these machines are right in his wheelhouse.  Played the green Monopoly a bit, but it was on £3/10p.  Still a fun machine.  Don't think I ever played the Simpsons, but That's Life I definitely remember playing.

I'll check the roms we have and see if there's a £4.80 rom available for the green version of Monopoly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pook said:

Fair point, was never my intention, just got excited for something I'd completely forgotten about, sorry Choppers.

Don't be daft Pook, seeing that there's potential for a Pook DX of That's Life after all these years is tremendously exciting! :D

I don't think about things in terms of us 'upstaging' each other in any way or anything like that, all of us still left on the scene are clearly here for the love of it so anything that that's part of that is fantastic as far as I'm concerned :)

TBH I'm just really glad that FME has entered this late summer stage of its existence, I honestly never thought it'd happen.

• Like 2