YouTube Emulation Extravaganza

Chopaholic

I just used the layout I had in my FME collection, not sure if it was an updated version or not, it ran fine in V5.1 of the emulator though. (Doors closed.)

In fact, you can see in the video that the layout version is 1.0 which suggests the original should be fine,

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

21 hours ago, cat-racer said:

Seeing that a layout did exist inspired me to spend days searching through many backup dvd,s. Did not find a copy of the layout, but found these pics - maybe someone could work a bit of magic?

289_8920.JPG

289_8921.JPG

Can you send me all the pics you have of this machine.  I'd certainly take a look at it.

If you could zip the images up and PM them to me that would be awesome :)

J

• Like 1

My pleasure Pook :)

My only regret is that I haven't even loaded in the vast majority of those layouts, oh for a time a machine back to 2001 when I had the ability to spend hours and days doing nothing apart from FME and arguing on forums :D

I'd give my left bollock for Money Mountain sound ROMs though *

* Note, willingness to lose a bollock may have been overstated.

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

Another interesting video on the 'Pook' layouts, just goes to show what talented people we have still in the revitalised scene

My thanks to Chopaholic for another interesting watch and Pook for all the fantastic updated layouts.

Now what I wouldn't give for a few weeks at home with little else to do....

Pete

• Like 1

A rather fundamental piece of information to omit..... :)

It was this fella here, still available at EBuyer for £500.

Very nice screen for £500, and you definitely don't want to go smaller than 32 inch at 4K as you'll need to start using scaling to be able to read text and stuff, which would rather negate the  point of the whole endeavour.

https://www.ebuyer.com/810693-lg-32ud89-w-32-class-4k-uhd-ips-led-monitor-32ud89

image.thumb.png.b237cc2151e5fffec20d7edfc3f3f3d7.png

• Like 1

Many thanks to Ploggy for the DX itself, and also his help with some extra background info to help flesh out the details of how this layout finally came to be!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Awesome 1

Absolutely brilliant video, mate.  Loved every second of it.  The frustration, and disbelief in your voice further into the video made me chuckle a lot.  I won't say why as that would spoil the video a bit. :)

I've got a theory as to why the machine was playing like that, but I'll wait a day, or two, to see if my theory is correct.  I need to check it on the emulator first.  I have had it give me four, or five repeats on the jackpot, but that was really early on.  Something like £150, in.  Most of the good repeat runs I've had have been off £1, and £1.20.  JPM's tend to play much better from a factory reset for some reason.  To make the punters think the new machine in the arcade is the muts-nuts I would guess.  Once they've had a good bit through them they tend to tighten up, in my experience.

Definitely a group-effort this machine.  Paulgee could easily have just sold the machine on and nobody would have noticed, but he had the good grace to contact me and ask if I wanted to get the machine emulated for posterity.  Jonno, Paulgee and SPA are true FME legends and deserve all the praise in the World. :)

• Like 4

Great video, Great video, Great video, Great video, Great video. Sorry for repeating myself😂

Sorry for that Degsy  i felt your frustration here not a machine i saw back in the day so, yes its great to have a team effort as with most of the machines that are emulated TBH i dont tend to go on macca much but donate to help with such a good cause, as we have seen here. The guys over there have some real gems and without guys like that going that extra mile for the fme scene, well it speaks for its self.

So a big thank you to Paulgee, Jonno,Spa and of cause Ploggy.

As regards the reflections on the machine pook as done some excellent machines using this aswell and really adds to the whole game play of fme.

To end thank you. Desgy at his best. Classic.

• Like 1