JPEMU Conversions

wearecity

9 hours ago, char042102 said:

Thanks for the conversions,are these for mfmev6 or which version should I use ? cheers

The ones here are for use in v6, if you find some of the older conversions from the fruit-emu thread http://www.fruit-emu.com/forums/topic/52784-layout-diy-fixes/page-1 not loading into v6,  then load them into v5.1, then once you close the layout down and it saves, then it will work in v6 and future version of the emulator.

But I don't believe there are any that won't load straight into v6.

• Like 1

Just in case anyone missed it from the DIY fixes thread at fruit-emu, here the post and another one.

Your Lucky Knight 1280 DX by Pook. 

We only had a 1024 DX for MFME for this, so was keen to convert a 1280, really high quality Pook dx. This proved to be easier said than done.

Warning, waffle follows below...but hopefully useful info for those looking to convert.

Normal way of converting is to use FMECONV 3.0 and then load in bits and pieces via MFME v5.1 and then save, so it opens in v6.0, not with this bugger though.

Trying to load the converted .dat file into every MFME version from v1.1 to v5.1 gave an invalid layout error or a violation error.

Only way I could convert it in the end was to use FMECONV 2.0, which converts it into a .res not .dat file and then use the 15 year old MFME v1.1 emulator, which is the last emulator to allow loading of .res files. But as v1.1 doesn't support Impact, I couldn't use v.1.1 to do anymore than to save it into .dat format. After that, the .dat file was openable in v5.1, the layout was set up and saved in v.5.1 and it now opens in v6.0.

Phew...

yourluckyknightwdx.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, wearecity said:

Just in case anyone missed it from the DIY fixes thread at fruit-emu, here the post and another one.

Your Lucky Knight 1280 DX by Pook. 

We only had a 1024 DX for MFME for this, so was keen to convert a 1280, really high quality Pook dx. This proved to be easier said than done.

Warning, waffle follows below...but hopefully useful info for those looking to convert.

Normal way of converting is to use FMECONV 3.0 and then load in bits and pieces via MFME v5.1 and then save, so it opens in v6.0, not with this bugger though.

Trying to load the converted .dat file into every MFME version from v1.1 to v5.1 gave an invalid layout error or a violation error.

Only way I could convert it in the end was to use FMECONV 2.0, which converts it into a .res not .dat file and then use the 15 year old MFME v1.1 emulator, which is the last emulator to allow loading of .res files. But as v1.1 doesn't support Impact, I couldn't use v.1.1 to do anymore than to save it into .dat format. After that, the .dat file was openable in v5.1, the layout was set up and saved in v.5.1 and it now opens in v6.0.

Phew...

yourluckyknightwdx.zip

lol, that's dedication!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We currently have a 1024 dx for MFME

So here's a Bonanza 1280 DX by ??? (sorry don't know who did it). No issues with it as far as I can tell and I've played a few quid through it while testing.

For those interested, it would only pay out in 20p's, so I've added checkbox 61-67 and now it pays out £1's as well. Guess that's not 100% correct for emulation, but hey it worked. Think the Electra cabinet for this is wrong, the MFME version had it in the Indiana Jones style Vogue one, which IIRC is the correct one.

Bonanza-_Jpemu_Conversion.zip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Kapang, uses the arcadia sound and sadly it doesn't work anyway. Shame looks interesting and artwork is very good, possibly a from scratch MFME candidate?

It converts, you can load the bits and pieces into MFME v5.1. Then you put the roms in, hit start and it does nothing. The diag shows it doing constant read and write operations.You go to save the game file or the layout file and it throws up violation errors. Then even just trying to close mfme itself or load in another layout and it throws up violation errors and you have to ctrl alt del to force close the emulator. Trying it via the v.1.1 and v5.1 method, it then says invalid pointer.

thanks to wearecity for giving it a go and thanks to reg and Wizard for finalising this, one layout i'd be after for a while but due to my laptop capabilities was unable to play this thanks again to all invovlved

are those feature balls supposed to look split or should the sphere's be completely coloured?

Edited by vectra666

Nice to see this done.

Just to clear up my problem in getting this to run, looking at what Reg and now Wizard did, the problem was caused by the fact, I was using 3 program roms. I didn't have this installed on Jpemu, so I downloaded the version straight from fruit-emu. The download has, another rom 4p1.bin file included, so naturally I put too many roms in.

Could find an MFME version on fruit-emu, so possibly another MFME debutant.

£15 jackpot!!! by Crystal Leisure.

Each Way Nudger MK3 1280 dx , Jpemu version by dadsfme.co.uk

The play decal at the top says 10p play, but apart from being ridiculous, the paytable matches 30p play, so I've set it to that. The roms will allow a switch to 10p if you fancy a challenge.

I like the perspective of this layout, wonder how it would look in an FME cabinet.

Each_Way_Nudger_MK3_-_JPEMU_Conversion.zip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Next up is Wild Thing 1280dx by Empire Games, Jpemu versions by RB/ROSS, the layout is named with RB at the end, but Ross appears to have been involved and is the uploader on fruit-emu.

Thanks to Wizard for helping getting the reels to stay in place.

I can't quite believe this is the first MFME version of this, but I can't see it on fruit-emu and I didn't have it for MFME.

The club version is on MFME and is an MPU5 machine, also not on fruit-emu, so I'll be cheeky and post that here as well, just in case anyone wants it.

Wild_Thing_-_JPEMU_Conversion.zip

Wild_Thing_Club_30p£250.zip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's another machine, previously not on MFME (going by the downloads on Fruit-Emu)

Big Banker by Fuzion.

Such a great looking DX and it's coming up to 15 years old!!!

There are no issue with the machine functioning, but sadly the hi-lo reel, did not convert well at all. It really needs doing from scratch and hopefully someone might take it on one day. The main numbers that are difficult to make out are 5, which has a queen on the opposite side and the 3 which has the 9 on the opposite side.

Apart from the usual additions needed in converting, I've added a coin mech to the layout, which enables coins and tokens to be inputted. Of course if you want to remove them, you can, by going into edit mode and right clicking and deleting. The buttons on the side are still usable for coin input and holds, but no token input available this way.

I've hopefully added the correct meter settings, as coins and tokens do register and payout with the relevant noises.

BBv01_1.thumb.jpg.48a0b1602f1464d49390e9935d455274.jpg.

Big_Banker_(JPEMU_Conv).zip

Edited by wearecity
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Awesome 1

Just now, mr x said:

many thanks is there any chance jpms super breakout can be coverted to mmfe 6

It's already available for MFME made by Pook. Attached it to this post.

It required an update, because of the multiple lamp colours, which I believe Wizard did, sometime back. EDIT...Indeed he did http://www.fruit-emu.com/forums/topic/52784-layout-diy-fixes/?p=299460

Super_Breakout.zip

Edited by wearecity
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1