DX'Cellent
Pook

Razzle Dazzle DX - Barcrest - MPU3

@nails mentioned this in another thread, so here is the re-release.

MFME v6 changes...

• Update Reels
  • In/Out Sounds
  • New Alpha

rddx.thumb.jpg.a28dd37de54aa7ba50dd5f00808e1b71.jpg

Razzle Dazzle WDX
Released - 18th November 2011
Updated for MFMEv6 - 18th February 2018
Author - Dave Pook
Manufacturer - Barcrest
Stake - 10p
Jackpot - £3
Shortcuts...
0 - Enter 50p
9 - Enter 20p
8 - Enter 10p 
` - Cancel
1 - Hold/Nudge 1
2 - Hold/Nudge 2
3 - Hold/Nudge 3
A - Autonudge
N - Nudge Up
B - Save It
S - Select
Space - Start/Select
Thanks to...
Wayfinder - Existing DX
Daren, Steve & Wizard - Real Machine Advice
Stuart - Testing

Razzle_Dazzle_DX.zip

Edited by Pook
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Awesome 2

dxspin.gif.1990cda2521f8b579dadc6cbba572f0e.gif

Smashing,looks fantastic.

Remember rows of these in Yarmouth-would have been 25 years ago now lol-making me feel ancient.

Many thanks to all involved with the update.

Jay

Not had time to download your other updates yet,but this has just bi-pasted the que. What a machine this is, first introduce to me some 30 years ago down Brighton railway station in the burger bar could of been wimpy?? but any hows, hogged it most of the day, it was a sunday cause the car boot sale was on and i found £120 lot of money them days. So after emptying that went down to west street, for those that know Brighton street full of arcades and spent the lot!!! what a day that was and playing this always reminds me of that day  Excellent!!!

Many thanks

• Like 1

Loved this machine back in the day lost many £s but it seemed painless. Thanks for the download although I'm getting a error "layout file not found" this on both MFME 9.4 and 9.9 any ideas?

1 hour ago, Dax said:

Loved this machine back in the day lost many £s but it seemed painless. Thanks for the download although I'm getting a error "layout file not found" this on both MFME 9.4 and 9.9 any ideas?

Hi you are out of touch with v9.4 and v9.9 lol.

v9.4, v9.9 and v10.1 are obsolete and all previous versions to them.

V5.0 superseded them in Oct 2016, then v5.1 and now v6.0 released in Dec 2017.

If you just want to play this layout and any future layout releases you only need v6.https://www.fruitemu.co.uk/ib/index.php?/topic/19921-mfme-v60-release-thread/

If you want to play every layout since FME begun, then you will initially need v5.1 as well.

It sounds more complicated than it is, but first you need v5.0 https://www.fruitemu.co.uk/ib/index.php?/topic/18094-mfmev5-release-thread/, then download and overwrite v5.0 with v5.1 https://www.fruitemu.co.uk/ib/index.php?/topic/18524-mfme-v51-release-thread/ 

After that, you only need two emulators. v5.1 will open up any layouts released from 2001 until Dec 2017. Once opened in v5.1 upon closing, you should say yes to saving changes. Then that layout will be openable with v6. Any layouts released after v6 was released, will work straight away on v6.

Edited by wearecity

"Hi you are out of touch with v9.4 and v9.9 lol." Absolutely :) not been near MFME for many years, but I just had an itch so I'm back looks like a lot has changed. Thanks for the info will take a look cheers

No problem, a lot of people returning which is good to see. You've a lot to catch up on. I reckon at least 250 - 300 layouts alone since v5 was released.

If you get stuck, you should be able to find answers by searching the various forums or asking around, the fme community is now pretty active again.

Thanks Pook, brilliant update, excellent machine.  Started very happy, on my first fiver I got the jackpot on 16 nudges, it banked 7 nudges and held, gambled it expecting it to lose and give me 10p but no, doubled it giving me another jackpot on 14 nudges.  On my second fiver got another jackpot and with all the smaller wins had around £15 in the bank after my first tenner. 

Does the swap to mystery feature ever give more than 60p?  tried it on a few 30p 40p wins and either got the win spins feature which never went more than 60p, or would roll in 20p or 30p wins.  On one occasion it rolled in a £1 straight in so thought the mystery feature would be a little more generous but no, rolled in 30p.  That would have gutted me if I had been playing it for real.

Thanks once again.

Richard

• Like 1

On 2/21/2018 at 4:28 AM, Dax said:

"Hi you are out of touch with v9.4 and v9.9 lol." Absolutely :) not been near MFME for many years, but I just had an itch so I'm back looks like a lot has changed. Thanks for the info will take a look cheers

9.9?  I missed that one, I remember 9.4.

13 minutes ago, richardpen said:

Thanks Pook, brilliant update, excellent machine.  Started very happy, on my first fiver I got the jackpot on 16 nudges, it banked 7 nudges and held, gambled it expecting it to lose and give me 10p but no, doubled it giving me another jackpot on 14 nudges.  On my second fiver got another jackpot and with all the smaller wins had around £15 in the bank after my first tenner. 

Does the swap to mystery feature ever give more than 60p?  tried it on a few 30p 40p wins and either got the win spins feature which never went more than 60p, or would roll in 20p or 30p wins.  On one occasion it rolled in a £1 straight in so thought the mystery feature would be a little more generous but no, rolled in 30p.  That would have gutted me if I had been playing it for real.

Thanks once again.

Richard

You're welcome Richard, good to see you got here in the end. ?

dxspin.gif.1990cda2521f8b579dadc6cbba572f0e.gif

11 hours ago, richardpen said:

9.9?  I missed that one, I remember 9.4.

IIRC 9.9 and 10.1 were basically the same to the layman, although to someone in the know, there were obviously differences.

I don't recall anyone saying this must be played on v9.9, doesn't work on v9.4 or v10.1

5 hours ago, niallquinn said:

Thanks for this.

While playing, I had this, never saw it in the wild, just rolled in 5,5,5. = JP

not in the wild.JPG

Never seen that on this particular machine but did see it occur once on a similar machine in our local kebab shop.  It was the blue one with the feature/nudge ladder going up the right hand side of the machine, I don't think 1 to 5 had any additional features but the nudges and features were pretty much identical to this one.  The nudges were displayed on the left hand side of the ladder and the features were to the right.  This guy got the 5, 5, 5 and it held 4 times giving him £15.  A Fortune Numbers at Hereford railway station cafe once gave me a 1 which was a random number square which would send you to anywhere on the board.  On this particular occasion it sent me straight to the Jackpot square at the top and held five times giving me a straight £18.  Some of these MUP3s could really streak when they wanted to. 

How much had you put in it before it rolled the 5s in?  As I mentioned above, on my first fiver, it gave me two consecutive jackpot, the first one on 16 nudges which was a farely common occurrence on these machines, then banked and held 7 nudges.  I gambled them fully expecting it to lose and give me 10p but instead, doubled and nudged in jackpot on 14 nudges.  I wonder if Pook kindly played it badly so as to give a bit of game play after us downloading it. 

I remember when the MPU4S started coming in, the streak element seemed to have disappeared, I remember palying a Beat The Clock and there was no real streak element in that machine at all, well at least not the way I played it.

On 2/22/2018 at 6:01 PM, wearecity said:

IIRC 9.9 and 10.1 were basically the same to the layman, although to someone in the know, there were obviously differences.

I don't recall anyone saying this must be played on v9.9, doesn't work on v9.4 or v10.1

Year, I got 9.4 and 10.1 so 9.9 must have slipped by me.  From what I remember of those was that most of the games released generally did not work properly and had to be played in door open mode and the games were more modern to what I was used to so didn't use them very much.