DX'Cellent
Sign in to follow this  
Pook

Fortune Wheel / Wheel of Fortune DX - Project - Proconn

Couple of old Project Coin machines here, essentially the same machine but using slightly different roms with different sound packages and button layouts. Some confusing over what roms go with what sound and what each was called. 

FortuneWheel.jpg

WheelFortune.jpg

Edited by Pook
  • Like 4
  • Awesome 1

dxspin.gif.1990cda2521f8b579dadc6cbba572f0e.gif

That looks bloody fantastic.

Played one of these only a year back in Portsmouth but sadly it's disappeared now!

Real look forward to the releases.

Jay

Anyone know another project machine that uses these reels? I'm sure I've seen them somewhere else.

Look forward to these, to replace my crappy dx/classic effort  of fortune wheel.

One good thing to come out of my layout is the reel bands if you need them, I think I got them from the actual machine or something via the mecca.

There several ROM versions of these floating about fme land one with a special £1 token payout? 

monthly_06_2013-d40053931a316a332596bbc3bd7be87f-fortune-wheel-hdx.png

Edited by vectra666
  • Like 1

Yeah I spent a while in the end, pausing a good quality youtube video at opportune places and ripped these out.

reels.jpg

Edited by Pook
  • Like 1

i think "big dipper" had the same reels...(i think)

edit..

ive just checked...nope. slighty diffrent

Edited by shaun2097

This is the knock down version for the rebuild market, uses synth sound.   Only  ever saw them on 5p 10p play in the wild.

Are you releasing the machine running twice side by side in one layout?

J

Edited by A:E

Just now, A:E said:

This is the knock down version for the rebuild market, uses synth sound.   Only  ever saw them on 5p 10p play in the wild.

Are you releasing the machine running twice side by side in one layout?

J

if seperate you can "link" the machines together like multi player games as i've done this a few times for fun

I didn't know what Dave was getting at as this is the same machine on both sides, they only changed the glass to reflect the copyright infringement.  This version in this cab is the rebuild 'synth' version, so they both run the exact same roms.   The original version had two glass versions also but is in the different cab and uses sampled sound.

I think we have a flyer of the rebuild with the info on.

Yeah that's the art I used J to make these, luckliy able to chop the 'O' & 'F' from fortune wheel to make the 'OF' in wheel of fortune. Releasing both in this cab. Only issues is one has separate cancel & collect buttons and the other in integrated. Might get a work around a have them together or I'll add the extra one in.

I only put side by side to show them in one pic, I have considered a dual version as I've played them that way in two separate windows before. Not tried that yet I shall have to have a look up, those bingo things aren't really my bag.

I'm sure wizard said you can have dual buttons in one now for mfme6 to cover these cancel/collect buttons, as you can have two shortcuts per button.

Can you upload both the roms Dave?    Maybe there was a slighlty different kit for the cab with both those Cancel and Collect buttons.

Game should be identical otherwise, maybe just use the one rom?   

J

I'll PM you them all after some food J. Maybe use one rom if it's switchable, been messing with overlapping lamping on the bottom panel too, got to admit looks well nice.

On 2/6/2018 at 5:08 PM, Pook said:

Anyone know another project machine that uses these reels? I'm sure I've seen them somewhere else.

Is Rags to riches a Project machine similar to this one ?

Good news is that Fortune Wheel is pretty much done, bad news is using blended lamping really slows down the emulator to a point where it's pretty much unplayable in places. Once this can be rectified converting over the Wheel of Fortune shouldn't be that hard as all the donkey work faffing about getting the wheel to align etc has been done.

fw.jpg

• Like 5

The sampled sound version was never in a cab like this Dave.  It was only in the cab below, the cab on the belly was chrome rather than wood surround.

J  

fortunewheelcab.jpg

Edited by A:E

28 minutes ago, A:E said:

The sampled sound version was never in a cab like this Dave.  It was only in the cab below, the cab on the belly was chrome rather than wood surround.

J  

fortunewheelcab.jpg

I know mate, I've done both machines based on art from the £6 version and bastardised a dual release out of it.

Spent months pissing about with these it ain't changing now. Anyway it will look nice and uniform if I attempt a one of those funky linked releases. ?

Oh, sorry I didn't know if you realised mate.   I'm sure they will look excellent anyway ;)   

Linked. How is that possible?

J

Like those multiplayer bingo games when 2 machines open simultaneously, so can play both side by side. Not sure if you can with 2 standalone machines but might be cool with sister machines like this.

Edited by Pook
  • Like 2