DX'Cellent
Sign in to follow this  
Pook

Monopoly Takeover

As I've been getting more confident in Photoshop over the years I've been attempting bigger redraw projects, as can be seen from Nifty Fifty which was about a 50% redraw up to Maximum which is 95%. So here's my next challenge, for a new machine I quite enjoyed playing the classic by Matty.N. As you can see the flyer is of poor quality I so thought I'd give this a go. Shall post updates as and when.

monopflyer.jpg

Edited by Pook
  • Like 2

Nice work, try adding a low opacity noise layer to give a slightly texturised look to the artwork. Really makes a difference, makes it look less clinical/digital.

J

Thought I replied to this topic but it's disappeared lol.

Anyways do you know the multi-coloured edge of your above image is actually a neon type light that changes colour

Edited by vectra666
Added video of above machine

5 hours ago, vectra666 said:

Thought I replied to this topic but it's disappeared lol.

Anyways do you know the multi-coloured edge of your above image is actually a neon type light that changes colour

It's an LED strip, it'll be one of these...

5a833774d3cd7_LEDStrip.JPG.e76d524a65f831a778841840e949682e.JPG

...well four of them.

It came out of my Project Coin £500 Top Box, had to replace it with USB LED Strips as the guy on eBay didn't send me the cables.

The end result looks the same...

It's possible that the machine eco system does as it does more then just give power to the device, the rear connectors looks like this...

Back.thumb.jpg.4229cec07405842c1217c09ce024be77.jpg

Had another play with it and It seems to work right, but it's making the LED black instead of purple, so not sure if that's down to the colours being the wrong way around or emulation bug.

Sorry guys, can't delete/edit previous posts last post, It's actually 256/257/258 for the RGB, 259 is for something else that's always on & that threw me off :ph34r:.

While i'm here thank you for taking this on Pook, really do look forward to it :D.

image.png.0cded8224b607bad64376753cb5a9171.png

Edited by Matty.n
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Matty.n, will be useful when I get to that stage. A quick play adding it to your classic is simple enough but adding to a DX could be a challenge as it uses solid colour opposed to a bmp. Should be fun trying to sort a workaround, I'll send you a tester when ready.

1 hour ago, vectra666 said:

if thats a lamp would you be able to add more than one/colour like the standard lamps now goto 8

You can't, converting it to a lamp prevents it from blending the 2 colours when lit. EG: It makes Yellow by Mixing Blue & Red lamp.

Had a couple of hours spare this morning so some more to the top and started to build the reel glass.

monwip2.thumb.jpg.17644a39424b1769f9a4b3ff2e6fa152.jpg

• Like 2