DX'Cellent

Welcome to DX'Cellent

Pook

After 16yrs of a crappy web based site I have eventually joined the world of forums. I've always wanted to be able to interact more with people who are interested in and play my work. So please fell free to contribute as much as you like.

These forums will host all of my new and re-released DXs along with information on my upcoming work. My Facebook & Youtube pages will remain as they are and have been for the past 7 years and I shall update as I have always done, the more we can broadcast FME to the wider world the better.

I will still broadcast my releases on the main FME sites along with social media but all routes will lead here for the download. Thankyou for visiting and sticking with me as DX'Cellent evolves, stick around there's lots more to come.

Dave

Edited by Pook
  • Like 6

DX Banner.png

6 minutes ago, wearecity said:

What I'm really liking is we don't normally see a WIP thread for a dxcellent forthcoming release. 

So it's good to see some insights such as artwork not that great, got glass scans, need to swap buttons etc.... 

Checkout the notes on the Flash Cash re-release thread Steve for a bit of nostalgia :) 

• Like 1

DX Banner.png

Nice...ever had unlimited nudges on lucky dip in the wild?  I did, shit a brick.  Had to get someone else to bring in the hundred without bringing in a single cherry.  Seermed to take forever.

I was a snooker club member, circa 1985,  and obiously not of age.  So give the lad from behind the bar. twenty for doing it.

It really was one of those things in fruit machine land where I almost cacked myself.  £80 in 1985 could buy you shitloads, lager was 30p a pint, nice close Sergio T top, or Elleese, Kappa jacket, Kicker Shoes, sorted.

NQ

Edited by niallquinn

• 1 month later...

Gosh, now I see Firecracker is coming I need to get back into the scene. My favourite, apart from Cat and Mouse and Cops and Robbers, and the machine which no one remembers. I can only describe it and don't know it's name. Thanks for letting me join.

razzle dazzle is a great slot i used to play this in my local chip shop mid 80s :) im sure there was another slot very similar with the gamble reoulette also in the 80s cant remember the name at the mo

Edited by scu11y69
spelling

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers for the bio of yourself I like many on all fruit machine sites appreciate and marvel at your work it is the best I've seen and I'm always looking out for any new or re-releases that you do  .I personally like most machines up till about £25 jackpot as after that they all turned into thieves and the fun was lost hate DOND  I suppose Project , Barcrest and Maygay have been my favourites over the years so if you do anything by them great if not I'm sure what you do will be top draw. The machines that got m,e into the real fruit machines way back were Superbank,Reel crazy  ,copperrun deluxe from that sort of era well take care and please keep up the quality work all the best 1969kappa

39 minutes ago, nails said:

pook/wizard -

ive noticed some slots (like the fortune numbers by wayfinder) that when you put a coin in (mfme6.1) you get an alarm.

is that something i can correct, or down to the creators?

An easy fix for Fortune Numbers, go into edit mode and open configuration, under where it says, display port, make sure Meters is selected (you'll probably find it is on Displays). Then reload the layout. You might find that will work for some other MPU3 machines also.

If you have a pink background under the number 11, in edit mode, when you place the cursor over the 11, right click on it, choose properties and if you click in the white box on the right hand side above where it says, font, you'll find the cursor will go to the second line, simply backspace to delete the space and click apply. The lamps are close together so if you don't quite click right, you might open up the properties for 6 instead.

Edited by wearecity
  • Like 1

just wanted to report back, all good and working. i`ll try this method with the like of strike a light and also search what the machines from that era (like big game) are available.

thank you for the guide, it was spot on sir!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...