DX'Cellent
Sign in to follow this  
Pook

Indiana Jones DX - JPM - Impact

Classic machine from JPM, I have some fantastic glass scans for this one so I'm prepping the art in HD which should hopefully give some great results.

indy.jpg

indy1.jpg

indy2.jpg

Edited by Pook
  • Like 4

dxspin.gif.1990cda2521f8b579dadc6cbba572f0e.gif

Looking forward to this even though the original still stands the test of time its great to have a spanking new layout, will you do decals for the £8/£10 version it's only the top feature decals that's different.

....and the jackpot win decal.

With mfme v6 new overlapping lamp feature you can totally go to town on the lamping, been doing a lot of work with those recently.

J

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, A:E said:

....and the jackpot win decal.

With mfme v6 new overlapping lamp feature you can totally go to town on the lamping, been doing a lot of work with those recently.

J

Need to look into overlapping lamps not tried that yet, is it something you'd really notice on a PC?

2 hours ago, Pook said:

Need to look into overlapping lamps not tried that yet, is it something you'd really notice on a PC?

My God yes, as J mentioned in another thread, its a game changer when it comes to using multiple lamps.  I know you'll love it.

A really good informative post from wizard which explains it all can be found here:

http://dadsfme.co.uk/index.php?topic=912.0

Personally I think with a little more practice it may well do away with the need for using Omni lighting in Photoshop.

Edited by dad

Just now, dad said:

My God yes, as J mentioned in another thread, its a game changer when it comes to using multiple lamps.  I know you'll love it.

A really good informative post from wizard which explains it all can be found here:

Personally I think with a little more practice it may well do away with the need for using Omni lighting in Photoshop.

Thanks mate I'll read up on that, oh and I've not used omni lamping for about 3yrs now, it's all about the dodge tool now. ;)

1 minute ago, Pook said:

Thanks mate I'll read up on that, oh and I've not used omni lamping for about 3yrs now, it's all about the dodge tool now. ;)

Yeah that as well, even though I still use it a lot too ;)

I think it'll be a case of lighting up the whole area or even just making it brighter, then let the masking do the job.  I used the method on my latest version of Party Time but since I'd already lamped it 'old style' in photoshop it kind of had a muddled effect.  Still looks pretty neat though.

Edited by dad

Looks fantastic.

Would be great to see the £8,£10 and the £15 version released.

They were rare(especially the £15 slots) yet towards the end of the very sad demise of these slots,quite a few appeared in arcades.

Those were the great days of arcade slotting:x

Jay

10 hours ago, Pook said:

Most definitely.   I've recreated a Project Coin machine in MFME V6 and it uses this feature extensively.   I can't release my layout yet as I'm getting some severe slow downs which Chris has already looked into.    Hopefully it can be addressed in an update at some point.    

I will put up a vid showing the attract mode of 777 Heaven, it is very nice to not see conflicting overlapping lamps.   I've even created bespoke lamp masks and it seems to work extremely well.  Loving it in fact.

J

Here is a very small vid of Project Coin 777 Heaven running.   Mostly using overlapping lamps.   There is quite severe slow down like I mentioned above etc.

J

Edited by Pook
  • Like 1

Is it possible to remove that video I linked above?    I thought it would just link to youtube not embed the video and take over...

J

Edited by Pook
Reqested by poster

50 minutes ago, A:E said:

Is it possible to remove that video I linked above?    I thought it would just link to youtube not embed the video and take over...

J

When you published the video on the second tab you have allow embedding ticked.

If that is removed it works just as a link.

On 04/02/2018 at 5:19 PM, dad said:

I tried doing this on a dond box logo but it left a big mess on the page lol.

Maybe I should've re masked the lamps afterwards.

What's this dodge tool about? I only use the Omni lamp effect

Dodge tool is just a quick way of lightening or darkening an area of an image.  You can change the exposure and size of the brush etc.    Omni tool is a tediously slow way if I remember correctly.

J

Edited by A:E

4 hours ago, vectra666 said:

I tried doing this on a dond box logo but it left a big mess on the page lol.

Maybe I should've re masked the lamps afterwards.

What's this dodge tool about? I only use the Omni lamp effect

Think of it as painting light. As I pre-light my unlit backgrounds for ambiance it's handy to be able to adjust as you go dependent on area.

This looks amazing. I've played AT's previous DX and RB's I think, and this just pushes the bar much higher.

Looking forward to it in the future.

4 hours ago, Road Hog Mad said:

Was this released or did I miss it?

Nope, emulator crashed on me and I lost all my work as I was using massive artwork pushing the layout over MFME's maximum filesize. Was so pissed off after losing hours of work that I've never returned to it. Although I believe Wizard has fixed this issue now.

Edited by Pook
  • Like 1
  • Shit 1