Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chopaholic

Open The Box - Running early £4.80 empty ROMs

Recommended Posts

Great video on this - thank you.

Tonight - I learnt a lot.

This would be great for somebody to take this layout and make a version that fits your roms all upto date.

Thanks for your time on this - although it was going so badly wrong to start off with - that made it even better... :D ...for humor reasons of course !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha! Yes I could have had another go to get 'a better take', but part of these videos in many ways is me not pretending to be something I'm not, i.e. I never had a clue about this stuff back in the day and lost all my money, all the time - and me trying to get my eye in with the setups here is an honest reflection of that.

Hope you don't me using this sub-forum at DIF for these layouts+ROMs Reg, I know this isn't technically a 'RAM+GAM file', but this sub-forum is a nice neat place to put stuff like this where it will be easy for folks to find.

Also I agree, a fully up-to-date layout for these ROMs would be a splendid thing :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem and that's fine.

I am more then happy for you or anyone else to use it like this.  Part of the great things about your videos is then going to try to do it yourself.  Sometimes bits are needed for this - so feel free and use as you will. :)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2018 at 9:33 PM, Chopaholic said:

Ha! Yes I could have had another go to get 'a better take', but part of these videos in many ways is me not pretending to be something I'm not, i.e. I never had a clue about this stuff back in the day and lost all my money, all the time - and me trying to get my eye in with the setups here is an honest reflection of that.

Hope you don't me using this sub-forum at DIF for these layouts+ROMs Reg, I know this isn't technically a 'RAM+GAM file', but this sub-forum is a nice neat place to put stuff like this where it will be easy for folks to find.

Also I agree, a fully up-to-date layout for these ROMs would be a splendid thing :)

To be fair i would much rather you didn't do the better takes, just keep it natural,these vids are great entertainment and with banter in for good measure. Like the old school fruit videos just to see how much i DIDN'T KNOW back then when i was spunking all my YTS money in these.

Would be nice to see some of these ace machines dx'ed there's loads that haven't been done as i don't think Artwork etc is available just a shame we cant get more help from members over at mecca who have these machines!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might need to load it with mfme v5.1 first.  Unless you haven’t yet unzipped the archive.  In that case it will need unzipping.

J

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2018 at 16:53, vectra666 said:

Like swop shop does Steve lancett have this one, maybe a pm is in order

Great machine this.  Also Camelot was another great machine, and yes not forgetting Twlight zone. There is a Twlight zone done but if i remember rightly by Pandy back in 2006.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget Hi Flyer. There is an emptier for Bell Fruits like Barcode, Galaxy and Surprize Surprise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, A:E said:

You might need to load it with mfme v5.1 first.  Unless you haven’t yet unzipped the archive.  In that case it will need unzipping.

J

Being a bit of a beginner takes a lot longer. Getting the hang of it but have a lot more to learn. If some did DX's where you just loaded and played but don't know how to load ROMs to the layouts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John said:

Being a bit of a beginner takes a lot longer. Getting the hang of it but have a lot more to learn. If some did DX's where you just loaded and played but don't know how to load ROMs to the layouts.

i think i know your problem regarding loading the layouts

do mine "vectra666's" layouts load fine if so thats because the files are already within a brown folder.

where as this one and layouts from the likes of pook/reg etc are seperated , why they're seperate i don't know but each to their own.

 

what you need to do is

say you're downloading this file "open the box"

first make a folder on your desktop named "open the box" this is where you'll place the rom/game parts in

next download the game file found within this topic 

once downloaded, extract the files to the relevant folder on the desktop named "open the box"

if you click on that folder you should see the file parts within

then move that folder to where you keep your other fruit machine files

then simply load mfme 6.1 and select "open the box" it then should run.

let us know if this works

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the uploaded file here included everything required?

If not then apologies.

J

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, A:E said:

I thought the uploaded file here included everything required?

If not then apologies.

J

it does then maybe its something else thats not right what john's doing regarding this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s why I mentioned that he might need v5.1 to load the layout as version 6 doesn’t recognise the old layout type.

Is there a guide to new users on the site?

J

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

zip contains a fml layout file so it should work straight out of the box so to speak 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, A:E said:

Be good to know what version he is actually using.

J

No, you have to guess 🙂

  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MFME 6.1. It loads the £6 one but not the 4.80. Do I need a different emulator?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, John said:

MFME 6.1. It loads the £6 one but not the 4.80. Do I need a different emulator?

No you don't,  I just unzipped the file above into a new directory and MFME 6.1 runs it just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wizard said:

No, you have to guess 🙂

49 minutes ago, John said:

Do I detect sarcasm😏

Yes, it's frustrating trying to diagnose an issue when we don't have all the facts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...